Tuesday 14 October 2014

Fairies (Part II)



Later on the cats presented their findings to me in glass jars.



“So we’ve got a moth, a maybug, a grasshopper and… a praying mantis,” I concluded. “I didn’t even know we got those here. Where did you find that?”

“Anything can be found if you look hard enough,” Smudge said.

“If that’s the case, then where are the fairies?” I asked smugly.

There was a moment of silence, while the cats looked at me, a familiar pity in their eyes.

“What?” I asked in suspicion.

“Human, the fairies have already been homed,” Sheba informed me calmly, “These are merely some gifts we acquired for you along the way.”

“Homed where?” I asked.

“The loft,” the cats replied.

“Great,” I said sarcastically. “I bet they come with terms as well, don’t they?”

“Unlimited teeth and cereal,” Smudge told me. “You will provide the cereal.”

“Deal,” I agreed quickly. I was thoughtful for a moment. “They’re going to give me bad dreams, aren’t they?”

“Undoutedly, human,” Tizer said. “But you might be alright if you put a rainbow trout in your bed.”

“No, you just want the room to smell of trout,” I said.

“We’ll have to extract its teeth first,” Sheba mused.

“This conversation is not happening,” I told them.

Just then the cats fell silent, and raised their eyes to the ceiling. The singing had started.


No comments:

Post a Comment