Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas Gifts



Today I came into the lounge to find the cats sitting under the Christmas tree.

“Merry Christmas, human,” they said.




“What mischief are you up to?” I asked them. “If you’re sitting there you better be presents.”

“If you’re interested in the energy usage of your Christmas lights, a 100-count string of incandescent mini lights runs at 40 watts, while a 70 count of 5mm Wide Angle LEDs is approximately 4.8 watts total. In fact, because incandescent wattage is 80-90% more than LED wattage, the cost to power an incandescent can be up to 90x greater than powering an LED. By the way, one of your bulbs is out.” Smudge said.

“Voles make excellent baubles if you hang them up by the tail,” Sheba offered.

“Did you know that every string of tinsel is the result of something shiny that a cat has shredded?” Tizer asked.

“How many needles are on the pine tree?” Treacle wondered.

Several moments of silence passed. 

“I don’t even know where to start with ANY of those things,” I said.

“The best gift is that of knowledge,” Smudge said.

“... Thank you,” I managed. “I’m afraid all I’ve got for you is a scratching post and some milk drops.”

“Your small offering is adequate, human,” Sheba assured me. “Besides, we cats already know everything.”




(Smudge learned about Christmas lights from Christmas Lights Etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment