Wednesday 15 June 2016

The Badminton Match



Today I woke up to find the cats had transformed my bedroom into a badminton court made of lasers.


I squinted against the red lights, “Who’s winning?” I asked, fumbling for my phone to see what time it was.

“We are!” they all cried. I frowned at the screen. 5.30am. I shrugged and nodded to myself. “Yes you are,” I muttered.
 
Just then Smudge jumped up, hitting the shuttlecock directly at the ceiling. I winced, expecting the light shade to take a hit, when suddenly a laser portal opened up and swallowed up the shuttlecock. It closed with a ‘pop’.


There was silence for a while, with the cats watching the space where the portal had been.

“Uhh,” I said after a while, “Where did that go?”

Sheba turned to look at me. “Your brain,” she explained.

All the cats stared at me disconcertingly. I frowned.

“Don’t worry it became very very small first,” Treacle reassured me.

I lay back on my pillow and closed my eyes. “How much other stuff have you put in there?” I asked them.

“Obviously not enough,” Smudge replied, and I got the distinct feeling that it was going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment