Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fairies (Part I)



Today I came into the garden to find the cats adorned with wings.

























“Playing dress up?” I guessed.

“We are on the hunt for fairies, human,” Sheba told me.

“Fairies. Wow, ok. Good luck with that one,” I muttered.

“Cynicism breeds humiliation,” the cat replied.

“That’s not a saying,” I said, “So why does catching fairies require costume?”

“Psychological studies show compelling evidence that how individuals generally perceive others is a stable individual difference that reveals much about the perceiver’s own personality,” Smudge explained matter-of-factly.

“And it means they’ll like us more,” Treacle added helpfully.

I paused. “I’m pretty sure that didn’t make sense, but I know what you’re trying to say.”

“Now be quiet, human. We must listen for the singing,” Sheba said.

“Right. See you later then,” I said, and left them to it.




(Smudge learned about psychology from kstrump.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment