Tuesday 10 September 2013

Catellites

Today I asked Tizer how it is that a cat can always find its way home.




"Our brains are wired into a worldwide satellite system," he explained.



"Well that sounds completely ridiculous," I said, "And horribly expensive. Who's funding that one then?"

"Monetary units is a flawed and messy currency," Tizer said. "Cats do not use it."

"Right," I said, "It must be nice to live in a world without such concerns."

"Care to join us?" the cat asked.

"No thank you," I replied. "I'm quite close enough to your world and I feel that immersing myself would require rejecting sanity altogether."

Tizer was contemplative. "Humans are remarkably fond of sanity," he observed. "But eventually I'm sure they will reach our conclusion and agree: it is hugely overrated."

No comments:

Post a Comment