Thursday 8 August 2013

With the Lion Fish

Today I came into the kitchen to find Sheba guarding a small brown object.

"Ok what is that?" I asked abrubtly.




"It is the tail of a platypus, human," the feline replied.

I stared at the tail for a few moments, before asking, "Where's the rest of it?"

"Beneath the floor boards," Sheba said.

"What's it doing there?" I asked, my eyes flitting to the floor and back up to the cat.

"It wanted to swim with the lion fish."

"I doubt that," I said. "You were supposed to get rid of those lion fish last month."

Just then Treacle walked in carrying something that looked suspiciously like an ear.




"Oh for goodness sake," I said. "Can you please put that poor creature back together and send it on its way?"

"The retrieval is in progress," Sheba assured me, as Treacle dropped the platypus ear next to the tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment